An IRS and United Way initiative are providing certified volunteer tax preparers through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program.  Free filing and tax return preparation is available to all low-to-moderate income households earning $55,000 or less in 2018 and residing within the Metropolitan Atlanta Area.


VITA tax preparation site times are subject to change. For the most recent location listings and hours of availability, call 2-1-1 or reference the online 2-1-1 database at


My Free Taxes: Online Self-Preparation Tool

If you prefer to prepare your taxes yourself from the comfort of your home, United Way has an additional resource for you! Check out My Free Taxes, a free self-preparation tax tool that allows taxpayers with incomes of $64,000 or less prepare federal and state returns completely free of charge. Click here to visit My Free Taxes.


VITA Tax Preparation Locations

This year, VITA is serving Greater Atlanta with over 20 free tax preparation locations. 

  • Clayton County
    St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church – 591 Flint River Rd. Jonesboro, GA 30238
    Clayton State University – 2800 Clayton State Blvd, Marrow 30260

  • Cobb County
    -Schaffer Road Church of Christ – 554 Schaffer Road, Marietta 30060
    Osborne History Makers – 76 Windy Hill Road SW, Marietta, GA 30060
    -Turner Chapel AME Church – 492 North Marietta Pkwy, Marietta 30060

  • Gwinnett County
    Buford One Stop – 2755 Sawnee Avenue Buford, GA 30518
    OneStop Centerville – 3025 Bethany Church Road Snellville, GA 30039
    Tax Clinic Dacula – 202 Hebron Church Road, Dacula 30019
    BPSOS – 6107 Oakbrook Parkway, Norcross 30093





  • Proof of Identification (Photo ID)

  • SSN or ITIN for yourself, your spouse and any dependents (original cards)

  • All W-2s, 1098-Ts, 1099s (1099-MISC, 1099-INT, etc.), and Unemployment or Social Security Benefits

  • Bank accounting and routing information if you’d like to do direct deposit/withdrawal

  • Copy of last year’s tax return

  • If you are filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign the tax forms

  • If you pay for child dependent care, EIN or SSN of care provider you are paying

  • Total education expenses (books, laptops, etc.)

  • Total business expenses if you are an independent contractor



You can become a VITA Volunteer! Free training is available online.